Saturday, November 22, 2014

At Sea

Hello everyone,

Well, we said goodbye to New Zealand after leaving Milford Sound. The next two days consisted of nonstop sailing to Sydney, Austrailia.  As I write this, we are currently about 250 miles out of Sydney harbor. We will be docking tomorrow morning at approximately 06:00. We have to be off the boat by 09:45 tomorrow. 

So, since leaving Milford we have been living the life of leisure. We were entertained by many things. One was an amazing card/magic act. I (David) happened to have the front and center seat for this act. I was about 2 feet away from the performer. He demonstrated a variety of tricks, and it is hard to say which was the most amazing. He was continually shuffling the deck, which makes what he did even more amazing, for at the conclusion of the act, he spread out all the cards in their exact suits and exact rank. Just amazing!  He demonstrated dealing from the top, bottom and middle of the deck. If he hadn't occasionally stopped midstream to show you, you absolute could not tell what he was doing. That was from two feet away!

We also played group Trivial Pursuit, attended several stretching classes, walked the deck, and ate many luscious meals. Too many, in fact!

I have to tell you about supper last night. It was in the Asian restaurant that is on board called "Silk Road." I (David) actually ate raw fish. Sashimi!  I couldn't believe I was actually putting it in my mouth. It did involve one of our friends badgering me into it. All I can say is that I did not get sick, and I did not spit it out. I ate six pieces of it, which was the sampler our friend had the chef prepare for me. 
The rest of the meal was wonderful. Wagyu steak. Some excellent eggplant dish. Marvelous dessert.

 
We also just relaxed on the deck chairs and watched the waves. 



Today I have been queasy all day. It was a rough night at sea last night, and today wasn't much better till recently. I decided to put a patch on again and by late after noon I was feeling much better. 

So now on to Sydney!!!
Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment